Monday, January 18, 2010

I just took the garbage out. Why am I writing a blog post? I don't know. I just feel like it.

I moved in with a friend from work a few days ago. It's sort of a halfway plan to being out on my own. It would be cheaper for him and for me. (Yes, my roommate is a male. No, it's not what you think.) So far, so good. He's a daysleeper, and he's asleep now. He says I am very quiet at home. I had told him before that who I am at work and who I am at home are two very different people. At work, I am social because I have to be - Hell, I'm a waitress. At home, I sink back into being an introvert because that is who I really am.

My room here is infinitely small, but I make it work. It's actually kind of good that it is small. It forces me to declutter and not have so much junk around. I still have a couple of boxes to unpack but I might just take what I absolutely need out of them and put them in storage.

I slept off and on all day yesterday. We had a little get-together Saturday night with a couple of other people from work and I got absolutely shitfaced. I slept from 5 AM to 10:30 AM in my bed, then when Sabrina left at 10:30 AM, I moved to the couch where I slept off and on all day. I finally woke up for good around 11:30 this morning. I have to work tomorrow so I'm hoping that my little sleeping stunt doesn't throw my sleep schedule off too much. Just in the past few months I got it somewhat normal after years of it being completely out of whack. It doesn't help much that I am naturally a night person and basically had to train myself to sleep at night, combined with the fact that my roommate is also a night person and daysleeper, which makes it much easier and more justifiable to get back into my old patterns. The worst part is, when my sleep patterns get disturbed too much, my bipolar disorder acts up again. We'll just see how things work out.

I did dishes earlier. Why? I was bored, and they needed to be done. I need to go put them away now that they are dry. One evening this week I am going to clean when my roommate isn't home. I tend to make noise when I clean (as does everyone) but I don't want to wake him by doing it so the best idea is to do it in the evening when he's at work. I can't do it late at night because of the noise rules in our apartment complex. Sure, cleaning wouldn't make THAT much noise, but I'm sure the vaccuum would violate noise rules, right?

Anyway, I'm going to wrap this up. I will write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment